My Boys

My Boys

Saturday, September 5, 2009

You know you Live in the Ghetto When...



Adam and I have dealt with the fact over the last year that what was once a nice, peaceful neighborhood has slowly but surely turned in to a Ghetto. We still find ourselves greatful to God for the roof he has provided for us over our heads, and the sadest part is that we really love our little cozy house, just not where it is located. It is days like today in the Ghetto when we struggle to keep to our agreement to wait it out here until I'm through with my schooling.
Today Adam had to work, so he left at 5am to head to Chandler. Both the boys were up by 6am, Trenten was complaining his stomach hurt, and Jonah had a runny diaper. What a great start to the day. I was contemplating taking the kids to Houston to visit Tammy, but not now. Not with them potentially having the stomach bug that's been going around.
So, as the morning went on they seemed to be doing okay, just a little cranky. By 11am they could go no more. Jonah was in melt down phase, and Trenten was asking to go to bed. So I made a quick lunch, and after they ate I took them to their room at the front of the house to take a nap. As I was laying them down, I heard a horn just being laid on out in the front of the house. This is not uncommon with the drug house that is to the left of us. I kept telling myself, just let it go, just ignore it. The horn would not stop, and Jonah and Trenten were just a cryin'.
Finally after a few minutes the continuous honking quit. Then came the cussing extravaganza. Every cuss word you could possibly imagine being yelled in the street clear as day in my children's bedroom. I turned the CD player on with Barlowgirl playing, and you could still hear the cussing loud and clear over the music. Trenten looked up at me and says, "Momma, those not nice words!" Then, I had had enough. Protective momma reared her ugly head.
I went out the front door to find the meth dealing neighbor who lives to the left of us cussing out my neighbor across the street who had just been sitting out on her porch like she always does on Saturdays. I yelled "Hey! That's enough...I don't care who started it, I've got to kids in here trying to take a nap who don't feel good who can hear every word you're yelling. This is totally inappropriate! If you want to talk like that, go in you're house and talk like that... none of us want to hear it." Well needless to say, the meth dealing neighbor then proceeded to calling me every name in the book of Cussing. All the neighbors who were witnessing her sherade especially loved it when she called me a "Cop F#*!#*% Wh#*%". My response was, "Well I guess you're somewhat right on that one, I am married to one." It frustrated the mess out of her that I would not Cuss her back. She continued to threaten all the neighbors who were out in their yards, she was going to "Whop all our a#*!*".
My favorite was watching her run in her house when the Malakoff Police Officer pulled in. After he took my statement, and all the other neighbors he was able to site her with three charges. I wish that would be enough to make her quit disturbing the peace, but probably not. Just another day in the Ghetto around here.
Until Next Time,
Julie

2 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Julie, that is hilarious AND sad all at the same time! One day, these ghetto nightmares will all but be a dream.....you'll get to have those "remember when?..." conversations. : )

JMass said...

Sorry, friend! That can't be fun to deal with day in and day out. It can only get better, right?