My Boys

My Boys

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taking time to Stop & Smell the Roses....












The pictures above were taken Easter Sunday, but they made for good imagery of the lesson I was reminded of today. Sometimes life gets so busy with every day occurrences that we forget to stop and enjoy the blessings God has given us. Today was an awesome day. This was my last Tuesday off with the kiddos, and we made the best of it. We enjoyed playing over at Jenna's house, and making mini pizza's together. I was the only mother there that didn't take pictures of the event, so let's just add that to the list of how I don't have it all together! Thanks again Jenna for the memories!
As many of you may know, Adam has worked the night shift for a good while now. He Started his first day shift in a while today. He will be on days the next couple of months at least... that is if no one else he works with decides to quit or die! I have learned to just enjoy it while it lasts. Tonight was the first night we have a had a "normal" evening in a long time. I prepared supper, my husband came home and we sat and ate together. It was nice to get to share about how our day went in person. No rush, just adult conversation. That was really nice.
Then we made our lunches for tomorrow, and cleaned the kitchen together. I forgot how nice it is to have help with everything in the evening time. What a blessing! To those of you out there who may be feeling the strains of life coming at you from every direction, don't forget to stop and take a moment to reflect on the blessings God has given you today. It seems to make all the worries float away, when you can just cherish the moment you are in. For as we all may have learned, time passes so quickly and we have no promise of tomorrow.
On that note I bid you good night!
Until next time,
Julie

4 comments:

Jenna said...

way to go...I guess I can't call you a blog slacker anymore!:) Thanks for coming today...it is always fun to hang out with you. I agree we all need to stop and take time to count our blessings...it is easy to get caught up in the craziness and miss the blessings. I am thankful for you Julie!

Allison said...

Those pictures are precious....I just love that boy to pieces! And you are so right about how counting blessing can help you through the crazy times!

Keri said...

I also didn't bring my camera. Waiting for someone else to post pics.
Trevor worked the night shift at TI I think for about a year in the beginning. It makes for some long days and nights. If he hadn't, we wouldn't have made to here and now.

JMass said...

We did have a fun day today and I look forward to hearing about all of your new adventures this coming year! God has definitely blessed all of us!